Friday, September 24, 2010

Frameshmania Week 3 Preview!

Last week, I was hurt badly by Michael Turner's injury and generally unspectacular performances from everybody but Andre Johnson, and lost to Phil's Sabotage the League team, which had six players in double digits (and Donald Driver with 9), 114-78.

This week, my brother Jon-Michael comes to town with his team, Gym Tan Laundry.

Last week's roster:

QB Tony Romo
RB1 Michael Turner
RB2 Cedric Benson
RB6 Arian Foster
WR1 Andre Johnson
WR2 Greg Jennings
TE Zach Miller
D/ST Panthers
K Mason Crosby

Bench:
RB3 Jamaal Charles
RB4 Knowshon Moreno
D/ST 49ers
RB7 Ahmad Bradshaw
WR3 Dwayne Bowe
WR4 Mike Wallace
WR5 Malcom Floyd

Roster Moves:
Dropped Panthers D/ST for Steelers D/ST
Dropped Zach Miller for Jason Snelling

The Panthers really let me down last week with a goose-egg, and since I foolishly overlooked the Steelers D last week, when they got 22 points, I figured it would be appropriate to pick them up for a matchup with the Buccaneers, a team that most people would agree is worse than the two teams the Steelers have played so far, and they dominated those two defensively.  Since I got Shiancoe in my trade, I dropped Miller for Turner's backup, Jason Snelling, just as insurance.

Lineup changes:
Benson (v. Panthers) in for Charles (v. 49ers)
Shiancoe (v. Lions) in for Miller (v. Cardinals)
Steelers D (v. Bucs) in for Panthers D (v. Bengals)

Turner's injury doesn't sound serious, so I'm keeping him in.  Matchups dictated the switch with Benson and Charles last week, but they both performed similarly, and Benson's getting a lot more work than Charles.  Shiancoe's my starting tight end until further notice (or at least until Sidney Rice comes back; not sure what will happen then), and the Steelers look really good defensively this year, and could give me a nice spark this week.

I don't like my chances so much against my opponent this week, Gym Tan Laundry.  Jon-Michael's team looked abysmal in Week 1, but he rebounded nicely, with big games from Frank Gore, Philip Rivers, and Roddy White.  Here's this week's matchup:

Romo (v. Texans) vs. Philip Rivers (v. Seahawks) -- Push
Turner (v. Saints) vs. Frank Gore (v. Chiefs) -- Gore +5
Benson (v. Panthers) vs. Rashard Mendenhall (v. Bucs) -- Mendenhall +4
Foster (v. Cowboys) vs. Clinton Portis (v. Rams) (predicted starter) -- Push
Johnson (v. Cowboys) vs. Randy Moss (v. Bills) -- Johnson +2
Jennings (v. Bears) vs. Roddy White (v. Saints) -- White +3
Shiancoe (v. Lions) vs. Jermichael Finley (v. Bears) -- Push
Steelers D (v. Bucs) vs. Vikings D (v. Lions) -- Push
Crosby (v. Bills) vs. Rob Bironas (v. NYG)-- push

Verdict: Jon-Michael wins by 10, getting a big help from pretty soft matchups all-around.

No comments:

Post a Comment