Friday, September 17, 2010

Frameshmania Week 2 Preview!

So every Friday or Saturday I would like to preview my upcoming matchup in the Frameshmania Fantasy Football league, a league with the four members of my household and mine and my brother's friends.

First off, I should lay out my roster to give a sense of what sorts of options I have from week to week.
Heading out of Week 1, here was my roster:

QB Tony Romo
RB1 Michael Turner
RB2 Cedric Benson
RB6 Arian Foster
WR1 Andre Johnson
WR2 Greg Jennings
TE Kellen Winslow
D/ST 49ers
K Mason Crosby

Bench:
RB3 Jamaal Charles
RB4 Knowshon Moreno
RB5 Justin Forsett
RB7 Ahmad Bradshaw
WR3 Dwayne Bowe
WR4 Mike Wallace
WR5 Malcom Floyd

Roster Moves:
Dropped Forsett for Panthers D/ST
Dropped Winslow for Zach Miller
Traded Moreno to Sabotage the League for Visanthe Shiancoe (pending, will happen after this week's games)

Forsett's carry tally in Week 1 really worried me, and the 49ers playing the Saints this week is something I'd prefer not to mess with (Carolina plays the Bucs; not quite as scary).  I like Miller's matchup against the Rams, and I don't think there's really much of a difference in value between Miller and Winslow.  Not liking my tight end situation, I decided to deal a little of my running back depth for Visanthe Shiancoe, who should do pretty well for at least the time that Sidney Rice is out (unless, of course, Vincent Jackson gets traded to Minnesota--crossing my fingers he doesn't).

Lineup changes:
Charles (v. Browns) in for Benson (v. Ravens)
Bradshaw (v. Colts) in for Foster (v. Redskins)
Miller (v. Rams) in for Winslow (v. Panthers)
Panthers D (v. Bucs) in for 49ers D (v. Saints)

While Benson put up hundred-yard games twice against the Ravens last year, he did NOT look good in Week 1, and I'm worried about the talented backup Bernard Scott sucking some value from him.  Arian Foster was a monster last week, but the Redskins defense is a bit more concerning than the Colts (as shown by my starting Bradshaw), and the Texans knew they needed to run the ball to keep Peyton Manning on the sidelines.

This week, I take on my step-dad Phil's team, Sabotage the League.  He won his first game of the year on the back of Peyton Manning and Antonio Gates, and not much else.  Here's how I see it stacking up:

Romo (v. Bears) vs. Peyton Manning (v. Giants) -- Manning +4
Turner (v. Cardinals) vs. Ray Rice (v. Bengals) -- Turner +5
Charles (v. Browns) vs. Tim Hightower (v. Falcons) -- Charles +6
Bradshaw (v. Colts) vs. DeSean Jackson (v. Lions) -- push
Johnson (v. Redskins) vs. Marques Colston (v. 49ers) -- Johnson +2
Jennings (v. Bills) vs. Steve Smith North (v. Colts) -- push
Miller (v. Rams) vs. Antonio Gates (v. Jaguars) -- Gates +5
Panthers D (v. Bucs) vs. Packers D (v. Bills) -- Packers +5
Crosby (v. Bills) vs. Stephen Gostkowski (v. Jets) -- push

Verdict: Phil wins by 1, with big games from his QB, TE, and DEF (which he'll be riding all year)

No comments:

Post a Comment