Friday, November 19, 2010

Frameshmania Week 11 Preview!

Another week, another win for the Big Tymers, I guess.  In the two leagues that I care about, I haven't lost in 7 weeks.  Unfortunately, in this league I can't shake Sabotage the League, and he's made some nice moves to improve for the playoff run.

8-2 Salt Lake City Big Tymers 
8-2 Sabotage the League 
5-4-1 Gym Tan Laundry
5-5 J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets
4-5-1 Delco's Side-arm Stud
4-6 CodyRansom's Crew
3-7 Ease it In, Don't Forsett 
2-8 Hometown Mamas


The middle of the pack stays murky, as the previously-surging CodyRansom's Crew lost last week and Delco's Sidearm Stud won for the second week in a row.  Looks like there's a clear-cut top two teams and a clear-cut bottom two, and the last three weeks of the regular season will be big for the middle teams to jockey for position.

Week 10 was the Michael Vick/wide receiver show, as Vick, Andre Johnson, and Brandon Lloyd combined for 90 points, leading me to victory despite GTL getting 20-point performances from David Garrard, Frank Gore, and Roddy White.  Vick's ungodly Monday Night performance turned an 18 point deficit into a 32-point blowout, as I took down my brother 131-99.

This week's matchup is a battle of bragging rights with my friend Matt's team, JETS Jets Jets Jets.  He's got explosive players (Aaron Rodgers, Chris Johnson, etc.) that could always have a big day, and from what I've seen of my players' matchups, this may be the week I finally trip up.  Not only that, but the Bye weeks are over, so it's time to see how my full roster fares at this point in the season.  Here's last week's roster:

QB4 Michael Vick

RB1 Michael Turner
RB6 Arian Foster
RB7 Ahmad Bradshaw

WR1 Andre Johnson
WR6 Brandon Lloyd
TE6 Chris Cooley
D/ST Giants
K Dan Carpenter

Bench:
QB3 Ryan Fitzpatrick
WR7 Pierre Garcon
TE2 Zach Miller
RB2 Cedric Benson
WR4 Mike Wallace
RB3 Jamaal Charles
WR2 Greg Jennings


Roster Moves:
Dropped Giants D for Chiefs D

Dropped Fitzpatrick for Browns D
Dropped Carpenter for Mason Crosby

The Giants did not do very well for me last week and have a tougher schedule coming up, so I picked up the Chiefs (who should be angry after allowing 49 points last week) against the Cardinals.  I figure that since bye weeks are over, people won't need backup quarterbacks, so lining myself up for a defense next week seemed like a good forward-thinking move (the Browns play the Panthers next week, who have no quarterback or running backs).  Carpenter had a tough matchup this week (he played Thursday and got 0 points, incidentally), and Crosby did fine for me earlier in the season and has a more reliable offense.

 Lineup changes:
Miller (v. Steelers) in for Cooley (v. Titans)
Charles (v. Cardinals) in for Bradshaw (v. Eagles)
Chiefs D (v. Cardinals) in for Giants D (v. Eagles)
Crosby (v. Vikings) in for Carpenter (v. Bears)
Jennings (v. Vikings) in for Johnson (v. Jets)

Zach Miller seems to be healthy off the bye, so he's my starter regardless of matchup.  The Eagles' run defense has been hit-or-miss, and I'm going to err on the side of being able to wholeheartedly root for my team and start Charles, and I don't feel as bad about it since he's playing a really bad defense.  Yes, I'm scared of Revis Island, but I'm also worried about injuries to both Matt Schaub and Andre Johnson, and I got burned last week by not sitting my stud (Turner) against a tough matchup.

Nobody in this matchup played Thursday (thankfully for me), but I'm gonna need a nice game from my stud running backs against not-so-friendly matchups.  Let's take a look:

Vick (v. Giants) vs. Aaron Rodgers (v. Vikings) -- push

Turner (v. Rams) vs. Chris Johnson (v. Redskins) -- Johnson +3
Foster (v. Jets) vs. Lesean McCoy (v. Giants) -- McCoy +3
Charles (v. Cardinals) vs. BenJarvus Green-Ellis (v. Colts) -- Charles +2
Jennings (v. Vikings) vs. Reggie Wayne (v. Patriots) -- Push
Lloyd (v. Chiefs) vs. Chad Ochocinco (v. Bills) -- Lloyd +3
Miller (v. Steelers) vs. Todd Heap (v. Panthers) -- Push
Chiefs D (v. Cardinals) vs. Jets D (v. Texans) -- Chiefs +3
Crosby (v. Vikings) vs. Matt Bryant (v. Rams)-- push

Verdict: I win by 2, which basically just means that I have no idea what's going to happen.  This game will hinge on the Packers/Vikings and Eagles/Giants matchups, and here's hoping that Greg Jennings is the only one catching Rodgers' touchdowns.

No comments:

Post a Comment