Friday, November 12, 2010

Frameshmania Week 10 Preview!

Last week's win was a big one for the Big Tymers, as I finally take my rightful place at the top of the standings.  Too bad it won't last more than a week.

7-2 Salt Lake City Big Tymers 
7-2 Sabotage the League 
5-3-1 Gym Tan Laundry
4-5 CodyRansom's Crew
4-5 J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets

3-5-1 Delco's Side-arm Stud
3-6 Ease it In, Don't Forsett 
2-7 Hometown Mamas


The Battle for First Place ended with me on top, and the rest of the league seems to be trading blows for the middle spots.  CodyRansom's Crew is climbing back into relevance, and Hometown Mamas and Ease it In seem to be falling behind.

Week 9 was a big one for my team, and my big-time players stepped it up.  Michael Vick, Michael Turner, and Arian Foster all went for at least 22 points and Peyton Manning, a missing Antonio Gates, and Beanie Wells let Sabotage the League down, as I was able to topple the first-place team 120-93.

This week's matchup for the Big Tymers is against the league's top-scoring team, Gym Tan Laundry.  I got blown out by him last time, and this time around I already am down 25-3 after the Thursday night game (thanks for nothing, Turner).  I need to win this week to hold him off and maintain first place.  Last week's roster:

QB4 Michael Vick

RB1 Michael Turner
RB6 Arian Foster
RB3 Jamaal Charles

WR1 Andre Johnson
WR2 Greg Jennings

TE5 Benjamin Watson
D/ST Giants
K Dan Carpenter

Bench:
QB5 Matthew Stafford
WR7 Pierre Garcon
TE2 Zach Miller
RB2 Cedric Benson
WR6 Brandon Lloyd
WR4 Mike Wallace
RB7 Ahmad Bradshaw


Bye week players this week:
Miller, Jennings

Roster Moves:
Dropped Stafford for Ryan Fitzpatrick

Dropped Watson for Chris Cooley

Stafford got knocked out of the game against the Jets, so he can't be a good backup.  I picked Fitzpatrick right back up, though, so nothing big there.  I would like to keep a rostered backup because of Vick's injury history, but after the bye weeks nobody else should need a QB so I may be able to drop him for now.  Watson was awful last week, and Cooley is fresh off a bye and playing the bad-against-tight-ends Eagles.

 Lineup changes:
Cooley (v. Eagles) in for Watson (v. Jets)

Bradshaw (v. Cowboys) in for Charles (v. Broncos)

See above for Cooley explanation.  Lloyd has been a top-3 receiver this year and Jennings was on bye, and while Mike Wallace against the Pats is tantalizing, I like Lloyd's consistency more.  Bradshaw's been a beast this year, and until Charles gets the ball enough times (just 10 carries last week), I can't start him over Bradshaw, even with Charles' great matchup.

I already know I'm losing big thanks to starting Michael Turner (despite contemplating sitting him for hours prior) and Roddy White's big day. Let's take a look:

Vick (v. Redskins) vs. David Garrard (v. Texans) -- push

Turner (v. Ravens) vs. Frank Gore (v. Rams) -- Gore +10
Foster (v. Jaguars) vs. Peyton Hillis (v. Jets) -- Foster +5
Bradshaw (v. Cowboys) vs. Rashard Mendenhall (v. Patriots) -- Mendenhall +3

Johnson (v. Jaguars) vs. Roddy White (v. Ravens) -- White +8
Lloyd (v. Chiefs) vs. Steve Johnson/Randy Moss (v. Lions/Dolphins) -- push
Cooley (v. Eagles) vs. Marcedes Lewis (v. Texans) -- Push
Giants D (v. Cowboys) vs. Cardinals D (v. Seahawks) -- Push
Carpenter (v. Titans) vs. Rob Bironas (v. Dolphins)-- push

Verdict: I lose by 16, which would be probably an improvement over what it looks like after the first game of the week.  The big game is Texans-Jaguars, and I need a Texans blowout.
Lloyd (v. Chiefs) in for Jennings (BYE)

No comments:

Post a Comment