Sunday, October 24, 2010

Frameshmania Week 7 Preview!

Now that the Phillies are out of the playoffs, I can focus all of my energies on fantasy football!  That can't be good.  Here's the league standings through six weeks:

5-1 Sabotage the League 
4-2 Salt Lake City Big Tymers 
4-2 J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets
3-2-1 Gym Tan Laundry2-3-1 Delco's Side-arm Stud
2-4 Ease it In, Don't Forsett 
1-4 CodyRansom's Crew
1-5 Hometown Mamas

Sabotage the League and Hometown Mamas finally ended their respective streaks, removing any zeroes from their records.  I have won 3 games in a row, and am poised to seize a tie for first place after a win this week.  On the other end of the spectrum, Ease it In has fallen off the pace, losing 4 straight after starting 2-0.

Last week I rode the coattails of Tony Romo's compulsion to throw the ball all over the lot and the Texans' big comeback, netting 2/3 of my points from just Romo, Arian Foster, and Andre Johnson.  While Malcom Floyd got injured and Greg Jennings and Mike Wallace had big days sitting on my bench, Kyle's running backs failed to show up in tough matchups and he was sent home 97-70.

This week I face off against my friend Steve (CodyRansom's Crew), who has had a disappointing season thanks to underachieving draft picks Larry Fitzgerald, Shonn Greene, Ryan Grant, and Brett Favre.   This is his first year in the league, so hopefully he can pick it back up so he'll keep coming back for more.  Just not this week.  Obviously.


Last week's roster:

QB1 Tony Romo
RB1 Michael Turner
RB7 Ahmad Bradshaw
RB6 Arian Foster
WR5 Malcom Floyd
WR1 Andre Johnson
TE2 Zach Miller
D/ST Bears
K Mason Crosby

Bench:
WR2 Greg Jennings
D/ST Giants
TE3 Visanthe Shiancoe
RB2 Cedric Benson
WR6 Brandon Lloyd
WR4 Mike Wallace
RB3 Jamaal Charles

Bye week players this week:
A. Johnson, Foster
Roster Moves:
Dropped Giants D for Pierre Garcon
Dropped Shiancoe for Owen Daniels
Dropped Bears D for Chiefs D
The Giants and Bears defenses did mediocre last week and have tougher matchups this week, so I let them go.  Immediately after finding out that Dallas Clark was out for the year and Austin Collie was out for a couple weeks, I picked up Garcon even though the Colts are on a bye this week and I don't really need him.  Shiancoe has done nothing since Randy Moss came to town, so I picked up yet another piece of my boy Matt Schaub's offense, Owen Daniels.  Again, he's on bye this week, but he's been coming back from injury and looked good last week.  The Chiefs face the Jags this week, who are starting a quarterback that was not on the team last week.  I like their chances of stepping up big.

Lineup changes:
Charles (v. Jaguars) in for Foster (BYE)
Jennings (v. Vikings) in for Johnson (BYE)
Brandon Lloyd (v. Raiders) in for Floyd (Injury)
Foster and Johnson were on byes, and I liked Charles' matchup enough to start him over Benson this week.  Floyd is hurt, so really there isn't much of a thought process here.

Steve has caught me with two of my most valuable players on bye, so he better hope he can capitalize.  Thankfully I've got a good amount of depth to back up my Texans.  Let's take a look at this week's matchup:

Romo (v. Giants) vs. Matt Ryan (v. Bengals) -- Romo +3
Turner (v. Bengals) vs. Adrian Peterson (v. Packers) -- Push
Bradshaw (v. Cowboys) vs. Marshawn Lynch (v. Cardinals) -- Push
Charles (v. Jaguars) vs. Hakeem Nicks (v. Cowboys) -- Charles +3
Jennings (v. Vikings) vs. Larry Fitzgerald (v. Seahawks) -- Fitzgerald +4
Lloyd (v. Raiders) vs. Michael Crabtree (v. Panthers) -- Lloyd +2
Miller (v. Broncos) vs. Vernon Davis (v. Panthers) -- Davis +4
Chiefs D (v. Jaguars) vs. Eagles D (v. Titans) -- Chiefs +4
Crosby (v. Vikings) vs. Matt Prater (v. Raiders)-- push

Verdict: I win by 4, but I don't feel confident in any prediction for this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment