Friday, October 15, 2010

Frameshmania Week 6 Preview!

In this topsy-turvy NFL season, the only thing that's constant is that fantasy football dominates my weekends.  Here's the Frameshmania standings after Week 5:

5-0 Sabotage the League
3-1-1 Gym Tan Laundry
3-2 Salt Lake City Big Tymers
3-2 J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets
2-2-1 Delco's Side-arm Stud
2-3 Ease it In, Don't Forsett
1-4 CodyRansom's Crew
0-5 Hometown Mamas

Sabotage the League and Hometown Mamas continue to move in opposite directions, despite living in the same house.  Must not be anything in the water.  Ease it In, after a strong and surprising start, has dropped three straight contests, but perhaps gets a bit of a break by playing the winless Mamas.  The big matchup of the week is GTL versus JETS, as both teams need a win to keep up with the top team.

This past week I had a monster of a team, putting up 122 points on the back of Malcom Floyd (who I played accidentally), Tony Romo, and the Bears defense.  Unfortunately, my opponent (Ease it In) failed to check his lineup going into the week, so he had three players out with injury (Vick, Pierre Thomas, McFadden) and two out with byes (Welker and Steelers D), and thus my big game was wasted when I only needed 50 points to win.

This week I face another of my brother's friends, Kyle (Delco's Sidearm Stud).  Just like last year, his team has been very average, with not much interesting to report about trends in his performance.


Last week's roster:

QB1 Tony Romo
RB1 Michael Turner
RB2 Cedric Benson
RB6 Arian Foster
WR5 Malcom Floyd
WR2 Greg Jennings
TE2 Zach Miller
D/ST Bears
K Mason Crosby

Bench:
WR1 Andre Johnson
WR3 Dwayne Bowe
TE3 Visanthe Shiancoe
RB7 Ahmad Bradshaw
WR6 Brandon Lloyd
WR4 Mike Wallace
RB3 Jamaal Charles

Bye week players this week:
Benson

Roster Moves:
Dropped Bowe for Giants D

Dwayne Bowe is the bane of my fantasy existence.   I drafted him in all three of my leagues this year, and I don't think he will make it past next week on two of my rosters.  The Giants play the Lions this week (possibly without Calvin Johnson), but I'm still debating whether to play them or the Bears D.  Regardless, I wanted to protect myself against Kyle picking them up, and it gives me options.

Lineup changes:
Johnson (v. Chiefs) in for Jennings (v. Dolphins)
Bradshaw (v. Lions) in for Benson (BYE)

Andre Johnson played OK last week, and even though I knew he was going to play and I THOUGHT I had put him in my lineup, I apparently didn't save the transaction and Floyd ended up going off.  This week, I'm putting my faith back in my top receiver, and giving Jennings a rest on the bench after three straight games with 2 catches and under 40 yards.  Benson is on a bye, and Bradshaw is facing the Lions.  Need I say more?

I'm not sure what to make of this week's matchup, because it looks close just by looking at the players, but ESPN seems to think that I'm going to win big.  That worries me.  Let's take a look at the matchup:

Romo (v. Vikings) vs. Ben Roethlisberger (v. Browns) -- Push
Turner (v. Eagles) vs. Maurice Jones-Drew (v. Titans) -- Turner +3
Bradshaw (v. Lions) vs. Ronnie Brown (v. Packers) -- Bradshaw +5
Foster (v. Chiefs) vs. Ryan Mathews (v. Rams) -- Foster +4
Johnson (v. Chiefs) vs. Hines Ward (v. Browns) -- Push
Floyd (v. Rams) vs. Eddie Royal (v. Jets) -- Floyd +3
Miller (v. 49ers) vs. Dustin Keller (v. Broncos) -- Push
Bears D (v. Seahawks) vs. Chargers D (v. Rams) -- Push
Crosby (v. Dolphins) vs. Garret Hartley (v. Bucs)-- push

Verdict: I win by 15, mostly because his running backs face tougher matchups.

No comments:

Post a Comment