Friday, December 3, 2010

Frameshmania Week 13 Preview!

Alas, the end of the regular season in fantasy is upon us.  This has been a really good year for me fantasy-wise, and I would like to have that solidified by getting the best record in the league with a win this week.  With just one game to go, here are the standings and matchups:

10-2 Salt Lake City Big Tymers
10-2 Sabotage the League 
6-5-1 Gym Tan Laundry
6-6 J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets
4-7-1 Delco's Side-arm Stud
4-8 CodyRansom's Crew
4-8 Ease it In, Don't Forsett 
3-9 Hometown Mamas


Big Tymers (10-2) vs. Sidearm Stud (4-7-1)
Sabotage (10-2) vs. CodyRansom (4-8)
GTL (6-5-1) vs. JETS (6-6)
Ease it In (4-8) vs. Mamas (3-9)

Not exactly a week with critical head-to-head matchups, with the exception of GTL vs. JETS, the winner of which claims third place and thus avoids being in my side of the bracket, which we all know is trouble.  If I win against Side-arm Stud, I clinch first place, and if I lose, Sabotage the League would need to win to take the crown.  The battle for last place is also taking place, but Mamas would not only have to win, but win by over 3o, to move out of 8th place.  There's still a good amount of fluidity in the 5-7 range, as three teams are within 1/2 game of one another, so there's still a little bit to play for.
I can smell the finish line, and since this league offers a trophy for the team with the best record, I've gotta have this win.  I'm facing off against my brother's friend, Kyle (Delco's Sidearm Stud), who has really dropped off substantially of late.  He has the lowest scoring team by 4 points per game, but has allowed the second fewest points in the league, which explains his above-terrible record.  Here's my team's Week 12 roster:

QB4 Michael Vick
RB6 Arian Foster
RB3 Jamaal Charles
WR1 Andre Johnson
WR2 Greg Jennings

WR6 Brandon Lloyd
TE6 Chris Cooley
D/ST Browns
K Mason Crosby

Bench:
RB8 Jason Snelling
TE2 Zach Miller
RB2 Cedric Benson
WR4 Mike Wallace
RB7 Ahmad Bradshaw

RB1 Michael Turner
D/ST Seahawks


Roster Moves:
Dropped Browns D for Giants D

The Browns disappointed against the Panthers, which seems to be the trend when I try to play whatever defense plays against them.  I will try to change my luck this week by rolling with the Giants, who are playing the underwhelming Redskins but are a better defense overall.
Week 12 started with some trouble, as I was down 44-0 after the Thanksgiving games thanks to Deion Branch, Calvin Johnson, and Brandon Pettigrew.  However, an injury to Adrian Peterson and underwhelming days from Keilland Williams and Larry Fitzgerald held CodyRansom's Crew to just 44 more points from his remaining 6 players.  From my end, Jamaal Charles and Brandon Lloyd stepped it up again, and Michael Vick and Arian Foster put forth their usual workman-like 20-point efforts, as I was able to stage a comeback and win handily, 119-88.


 Lineup changes:
Giants D (v. Redskins) in for Browns D (v. Dolphins)
Turner (v. Bucs) in for Jennings (v. 49ers)

See above for the Giants explanation.  Turner had a nice game last week against a pretty good defense, so playing him against a not-so-good one is a no-brainer.  Jennings has been great the last few weeks, but he drew the short straw between he, Andre Johnson (v. Eagles without Asante Samuel), and Brandon Lloyd (v. Chiefs).  I assume he will do well regardless, but I just have too many options right now.

Since the Thursday Night game was Eagles/Texans, I had three players participate last night.  I benefited from a shootout of sorts, as Vick, Foster, and Johnson combined for an impressive 65 points.  I think that that sort of head start should pretty much lock up a win for me, but stranger things have happened in fantasy, and Kyle has the kind of players that could have big days any week.  Here's what the matchup looks like:

Vick (v. Texans) vs. Ben Roethlisberger/Tom Brady (v. Ravens/Jets) -- Vick +10

Foster (v. Eagles) vs. Maurice Jones-Drew (v. Titans) -- Foster +5
Charles (v. Broncos) vs. Ronnie Brown (v. Browns) -- Charles +4
Turner (v. Bucs) vs. Steve Smith South (v. Rams) -- Turner +6
Lloyd (v. Chiefs) vs. Hines Ward (v. Ravens) -- Lloyd +4
Johnson (v. Eagles) vs. Terrell Owens (v. Saints) -- Johnson +4
Cooley (v. Giants) vs. Dustin Keller/Jason Witten (v. Patriots/Colts) -- Push
Giants D (v. Redskins) vs. Eagles D (v. Texans) -- Push
Crosby (v. 49ers) vs. Garret Hartley (v. Bengals)-- push

Verdict: I win by 33.  This is the most lopsided prediction I've had this year, although it's certainly helped by the big games I got from my studs last night.  I don't really see my team failing me now, and it looks like the road to fantasy glory is going to come through Salt Lake City.

No comments:

Post a Comment